Part-Time Youth Ministry Worker (20 hrs per week)
Applications Now Being Accepted (Download Posting)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and oversee a comprehensive program for youth in grades 6-12. Ministry to include a focus on discipleship, mentorship, Bible study, worship and missional living. Other elements may include recreational events, social events and mission/service opportunities
- Maintain a vibrant and fun youth program, encouraging an atmosphere that is approachable and welcoming to youth, within and outside our walls, that they might see firsthand the transforming love of Jesus Christ
- Assist on a regular basis in worship services to maintain visibility with the rest of the congregation and to contribute to a youth emphasis
- Assist with recruiting, co-ordinating and equipping the Youth Ministry volunteers
- Encourage youth with opportunities for ministry in the life of the church and the community
- Develop personal contacts and relationships with youth and their families
- Use various communication mediums to connect with and inform youth, their families and the congregation
- Network with other youth workers in the region
- Regularly report and be accountable to the Pastor and through him to the Board of Directors and ultimately to the church
- Attend meetings as required
- Perform any other ministry related job responsibilities as assigned by the Pastor or the Board of Directors
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have demonstrated a public profession of faith
- Able to clearly articulate his/her Christian faith and philosophy of youth ministry
- Have a strong sense of call and commitment to a successful youth ministry
- Have practical experience in youth ministry
- Have excellent leadership qualities and the desire and ability to relate to youth, parents, leaders and other adults in a manner that demonstrates and fosters care and respect
- Have an interest and understanding of youth issues, needs and the culture of which they are a part
- Strong capacity for organization, managing conflicts and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful clearance of Police Record Check for the vulnerable sector
- Enrolled in or have completed a Biblical studies, theology or youth ministry study program.
- Musical/worship leading skills.
- Self-motivated, Initiative, Reliable, Energetic, Resourceful, Innovative, Visionary
- Experience working in a volunteer environment
- Valid drivers license
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.